Archive for June 2007
- ‘Monocle’ 4 (2007.06.18)
The fourth issue, with unpersuasive Koreaphilia
- Nomi (2007.06.17)
Mysteriously situated on the mezzanine level of the upstairs dance floor at Clockwork in Islington.
I called over one of the strapping, DSLR-toting Croatian dudes (you had to move Croatians to sit down) and even he couldn’t get a decent shot of this mirrorized mural, which appears to depict a latter-day-Egyptian tableau of a bird with too many wings falling earthward on a modern street, one of whose buildings is inexplicably labelled NOMI↓.
It seems unconnected to Klaus. I find it powerful if ominous.
- ‘Design City Toronto’ (2007.06.16)
A book by Toronto writers about Toronto architecture… written in British English and typeset in Helvetica Light
- Doing @smedia (2007.06.14)
What happens in London and Brighton stays in London and Brighton. Not
- Advice for presentations: It happens! (2007.06.13)
18 years’ advice on public speaking, all in one post
- ‘Royale with Cheese’ (2007.06.12)
@media London 2007: Andy Clarke (no relation)
- ‘Diabolical Design: The Devil Is in the Details’ (2007.06.12)
@media London 2007: Jason Santa Maria
- ‘Five Simple Steps to Better Typography’ (2007.06.12)
@media London 2007: Mark Boulton