Archive for category: Disability
- ‑lympic (2010.07.27)
At the Olympic and Paralympic presser for London 2012, I was the only writer interested in the Paralympics. Spoiler alert: Brian and Robin McKeever are their secret weapon
- Clash of worlds (2010.07.11)
Carl Burnett is a Paralympic alpine skiier and a lexicographer with a degree in linguistics. My kinda guy
- Gay producers make the lame walk (2010.05.24)
When gays on TV act the way Artie on Glee does, we call the show homophobic
- Stoked on Mandeville (2010.05.20)
I’m the guy who really likes the new London 2010 mascots, Mandeville and Wenlock. Yes, I’m the one!
- Half-blind musclebear hauls in medals (2009.11.14)
Steven Holcomb had no trouble driving a bobsleigh while half-blind. So what’s everybody else’s problem?
- Surprising disability data (2008.08.07)
Three-quarters of deaf people don’t have caption decoders? What?
- Thrice-simulated blindness (2007.03.13)
Three guys! With three guide dogs!
- De facto Deaf Week (2006.05.10)
TIDFAF and Mayfest, both in one week. Why, it’s deaf-rific!