Archive for category: Toronto
- Tyler Brûlé is setting up shop (2012.09.26)
Tyler Brûlé “did a site inspection of our new office on College St.”
- Nice houses. Pity who’s living there (2012.07.26)
Scott Weir and the soi-disant Cabbagetown Heritage Conservation District are more concerned with buildings than people. Are you surprised?
- Shawn Micallef, hypocrite (2012.01.30)
Shawn Micallef thinks it’s fine when someone as rich as he wishes to become tears down a historic property – but ever so deplorable when anyone else does it
- Caste system still alive and well in Toronto (2011.12.02)
Careful how you use Shaadi.com, because your betrothed’s parents might reject you for being in the wrong caste. In Toronto
- Brooke Alvarez wouldn’t make this mistake (2011.10.20)
At John Semley’s level of mediocrity, he fits right in. And did you know Toronto has “indie rep cinemas”?
- Half an endorsement of Misha Glouberman (2011.09.19)
A ringing endorsement of half of Half an endorsement of
The Chairs Are Where the People Go by Glouberman (“with” Heti)
- The guts to leave Toronto (2011.09.19)
A brave, iconoclastic Michelle Dean speaks the unspeakable in Toronto Life: “The people with the big dreams… who might have had the gumption and the stamina to make those big fixes? Well, Toronto says to them: This isn’t the place for you”
- Who in Toronto has Gary Hustwit interviewed? (2011.07.22)
Is it the Spacers?