Archive for category: The Weblog medium
- Self-insulation (2014.04.19)
Denton: “Why do you think Gawker is snarkier than I would like? The easy way to insulate yourself against snark is to premptively snark”
- MetaStupid (2013.01.01)
A year-long hiatus from MetaFilter, where I am user 250 (1999), due to the entrenched stupidity of its intelligent and sophisticated owner and developer
- Calling bullshit on Mike Monteiro (2012.06.03)
Mike Monteiro, cyberbully
- The endless moral repugnance of Joe Jervis (2012.05.04)
Grizzled positoid Joe Jervis again warns commenters on his site that their comments might be used by anti-gay forces. Oblivious to the harm he is causing, Jervis shows endless moral repugnance
- DailyXtra.com (2012.01.07)
Xtra threatens to launch a new daily-news site. What odds do you give they’ll do everything wrong?
- Blog title of the year (2011.12.07)
- Journos unable to diagnose why gay blogs lose money (2011.12.05)
Of course gay blogs don’t make money. Their owners don’t know their own industries, have bad taste, and suicidally insist on doing what is known not to work. Journos covering the topic are just as baffled
- Brooke Alvarez wouldn’t make this mistake (2011.10.20)
At John Semley’s level of mediocrity, he fits right in. And did you know Toronto has “indie rep cinemas”?